Friday 20 January 2012


I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children, but I am totally in love with photography and the visual arts. Is it in the genes?

My family is very ceative, my mother is especially very artistic. I can remember from a very young age my mother painting using oil paints or acrylics, whipping up artworks not for a profit but simply because she could. I grew to love art and think a perfect weekend must include at least one trip to a gallery.

Photography is a beautiful art from with one added bonus for the gadget junkies out there - there is a technical element that needs to be understood. That, for me, did not come naturally. A Diploma in Photography definitely gave me a much greater knowledge of the technical side of the craft.

Perhaps the artistic elements are more difficult to learn though. Can you simply 'google' a way of becoming artistic? Can we read books to help us experiment more with our photography and create a more expressive image? To a certain extent, I think we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment